Trained Medication Aide (TMA)
$1,000 Sign-on Bonus
Part-Time or Full-Time
Pay increase after 60 days. Plus weekend shift differential
703 W. Yellowstone Trail Buffalo Lake, MN 55314
TMA Responsibilities Include:
- Orders medication when supplies are low and restocks medication cart at the end of each shift.
- Dispenses oral medication following policy, procedure, and doctor orders to do so.
- Keeps medication cart in orderly manner.
- Checks for accuracy of the MAR and med box instructions.
- Maintains resident’s records concerning medication and treatment.
- Communicates with Charge nurse regarding concerns about resident care or medication regime. Assist the resident with personal cares as needed.
- Help each resident to reach and maintain the highest level of performance and independence.
- Assist with treatments as delegated by Charge Nurse per individualized care plan.
- Observe client and report changes in physical and emotional condition such as change in attitude, loss of appetite, weight, etc.
- Attends In-service training as assigned.
- Transfills and assist with oxygen application for residents.
- Earn Paid Personal Leave (vacation/sick pay) based on the hours you work (available even if you work part-time).
- Holiday and Call-in pay. Health and Life Insurance, Supplemental Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, 401K Retirement/Savings Program, and more.
- 30+ hours/week is considered full-time and benefit eligible
- Positions include every other weekend
- Free meal each shift
- Holiday rotation
- Employee Referral program $500
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
Must be registered with the State of Minnesota as a Trained Medication Aide and must maintain certification.
Not certified yet? Start as a Certified Nursing Assistant and we’ll pay for your tuition to attend the training course at the local Community College!
We are looking for energetic, dependable, and compassionate people to come work with us at our 5-Star Nationally Rated Facility! At BLHCC, we take pride in our clean, home-like atmosphere that provides staff and residents the opportunity to build relationships that last a lifetime. We are a local non-profit organization, not part of a large corporation. At our facility, resident care comes first! Flexible scheduling is important. We make every effort to meet you and your family’s needs! Resident and Staff safety is one of our highest priorities; our facility has state of the art ceiling track lift systems in our resident rooms.
Want to advance in nursing?
We have scholarships available to help you!