$1,000 Sign-On Bonus
Full-time or Part-time Day Shift
Full-time or Part-time Evenings
Pay increase after 60 days. Plus evening, weekend shift differential
703 W. Yellowstone Trail Buffalo Lake, MN 55314
Day Shift Med Nurse: 6:15am-2:45pm Everyday
Evening shift Charge or Med Nurse: 2:30pm-11:00pm Everyday
Charge Nurse: Responsible for the resident’s care and treatments and overall supervision of the nursing team. Documents in resident medical records using PointClickCare software. Works with the care team to ensure everything runs smoothly during their shift.
Med Nurse: Provides medications and treatments for a portion of the residents in the care center. Works with the care team to ensure everything runs smoothly during their shift.
LPN Responsibilities Include:
- Ensures that unlicensed staff duties and responsibilities are accomplished in a timely, quality manner, and reports problems to the Director of Nursing.
- Initiates emergency treatment and reports change in condition, or any problems in resident condition to the primary physician, family, and other staff as soon as possible. Process includes nursing home and assisted living residents.
- Participates in the completion and review of nursing care plans.
- Assists and completes physician orders.
- Ensures accuracy and promptness in transcribing physician orders.
- Carries out proper charting practices and procedures.
- Consults with care plan team and physician about resident condition, treatments, and need for follow up.
- Assists with new admissions, hospital transfers and discharges as they arise.
- Facilitates coordination of resident services with other service providers, i.e. oxygen.
- Orders and administers medications and performs treatments as needed.
- Attends required meetings, in-service programs and conferences.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows all safety policies and procedures. Enforcing them as necessary.
- Orders medication when supplies are low and restocks medication cart at the end of each shift.
- Dispenses oral medication following policy, procedure, and doctor orders to do so.
- Keeps medication cart in orderly manner.
- Checks for accuracy of the MAR and med box instructions.
- Maintains resident’s records concerning medication and treatment.
- Earn Paid Personal Leave (vacation/sick pay) based on the hours you work (available even if you work part-time)Holiday and Call-in pay.
- Health and Life Insurance, Supplemental Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, 401K Retirement/Savings Program, and more.
- Competitive wages with credit for experience!
- 30+ hours/week is considered full-time and benefit eligible
- Position includes every other weekend
- Free meal each shift
- Holiday rotation
- Employee Referral program $500
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
Must be registered and licensed with the State of Minnesota as a Licensed Practical Nurse and must maintain licensure.
We are looking for energetic, dependable, and compassionate people to come work with us at our 5-Star Nationally Rated Facility! At BLHCC, we take pride in our clean, home-like atmosphere that provides staff and residents the opportunity to build relationships that last a lifetime. We are a local non-profit organization, not part of a large corporation. At our facility, resident care comes first! Flexible scheduling is important. We make every effort to meet you and your family’s needs! Resident and Staff safety is one of our highest priorities; our facility has state of the art ceiling track lift systems in our resident rooms.
Want to advance in nursing?
We have scholarships available to help you!